23.12.07

Thumb, Laptop and Libya

First of all, I am sorry for all the people who wasted their time by checking my blog in the last two months I really have no excuse for disappearing like this, sure I was busy with my duties as an intern, working and many other things but I always did some free time in my hands but I had no Neeya to blog like most of you because I can see there wasnt that much updating from most of the libyan bloggers, maybe a bug infected us all but now hopefully we all come back to wasting our time at least twice a week to write in our blogs .

So what happened with me all this time I was away?
  • I had a deep cut wound at the base of my left thumb, it was deep enough to cut the tendon causing me to loose the movement of the finger at the distal joint, I had a minor operation on it where they connected the tendon ends to each other but the movement is still not that good yet it needs time and physiotherapy, I only removed the stitches yesterday after three weeks of having my hand in a cast, inshallah I regain the full movement of the finger soon (please id3oli )



  • I got a new laptop (((( FINALLY )))) HP pavilion 6426us so no more waiting for the computer to be free.


  • I finished my Medicine course and this week is the last weel in Orthopedics course which I didn't get much done in it because my hand was splinted and when every patient would see me they would stare and think of the Libyan saying ( ما لقي الطب لروحه )

  • One of my best friends came back from Greece to stay here forever so everyone is bothering him with WHY DID YOU COME BACK HERE??!! like him I faced this question so many times before, I can never think of leaving Libya forever, there are things here you wouldn't find anywhere else like not getting a speed ticket no matter how fast you drive :P and a very long list of things you find here that makes us live outside this world

----------------Update ----------------

  • somehow I forgot to share with you all how I injured my thumb, I was on a ladder picking something from an aluminum shelve (scafali) the ladder slipped away and while I was falling involuntary as any human being would do I grabbed the edge of the shelve and you know the rest. There was blood everywhere, for the first time I saw my finger wide open. Trust me, it was not a pleasent sight. I quickly ran to the bathroom and put some water on the cut and checked it out to find that it's really deep.. I tried moving the finger but it wouldn't move :(

  • I broke my glasses which I had for more than 3 years (a new record) so I had to buy new frames. Buying glasses is like getting a new face, they have to be nice enough because I am gonna see myself wearing them everyday and other people will see me wearing them. So I went to my favorite shop and bought these half nice half girly glasses I seriously do not know how the girl in the shop convinced me to buy them, I think the part where she said they make me look thin made me decide to buy them immediatly. However, only after buying them I starting thinking in what way exactly do they make me look thin? Us men get fooled easily by women thats why women shouldn't be allowed to work in places where men shop. Some people take advantage of our weakness and put a girl to answer the phone for customer service. Because if the caller was a guy and a nice friendly women voice is on the other line, that voice would make him forget why he called in the first place and if it was a women they would end up talking for hours on the phone about something else. With women you can never win, its either you back out or loose :P

13 comments:

enlightened spirit said...

it is an evil eye for sure, alf alf labas 3leek, one of the blogger attacked u by his evil eye...loool , he/she (may be me!!!) envied u for ur typing of many fabulous posts, the evil wicked power passed through the net and attacked ur thumb, meskeen ... don't worry with physiotherapy a magic improvement will happen, just take it seriously.
yeh yeh yeh, I agree totally with u, I can't imagine myself living libya for ever, actually I am about to leave it for a while, I longed for that for a long time, for professional reasons, but when it becomes true and near, I discovered unexpectdly that it is a very hard step to do, I discovered that my roots r really deep here, everything taste different when it becomes near , the sky, the sun, the stars, the palm trees, the voice of Adan 5 times a day, my family, my friends, and even my enemies, (countless, I will post about it one day ) everything taste different when u feel that u will lose it...

DaMoon said...

7amdella 3aslama libyano, well u say u don't have an excuze for not blogging, I guess u have one damn good excuze!!!! wallahi wja3tni inshallah beshefa2 el3ajel ya rabb...
mabrook 3leek elaptop, shakla 7elo
looking forward to reading more of ur posts

Anonymous said...

your 100% right about us living out side this world,hope you get well soon.
cheers

butterfly said...

الحمد لله ع السلامة
:)

دير بالك علي روحك
المدون و الكتور راس ماله ايديه
و انت الزوز
ماشاء الله
دكتور و مدون
يعطيك الصحة
دير بالك علي روحك

و عيدك مبروك ان شاء الله

و عقبال ما نقرو في مدونتك انك صرت دكتور و نجحت و استلمت شهادتك

و مرة تانية
دير بالك علي روحك

MaySoon said...

Ouch inshallah labas, 7amdellah 3al salama and be careful ..

Mabrook el laptop looking good :oD.. you're right we come back no matter how long we stay abroad ..

Libyano said...

Enlightened spirit

Thank you for the complement :) nice way of making me keep writing inshallah
Welcome to the proud to be Libyan organization our logo
الحد لله طلعت ليبي كان هذا فاتك الجو

Damoon
thank you :)
by the way is it true you are adding a new number to the world's population Alf mabrook inshallah :)

Anon
we live in a place where the time machine doesn't work :P

Butterfly
مرحبتين بيك

الواحد ما يحسش بقيمة الشي لين يفقده

انشاء الله ربي يخليلك صوابع ايديك ورجليك
:)

Maysoon
allah ysalmik inshallah
glad to see you again :)

Highlander said...

Dearest Libyano,

(1) Hamdillah 3leh ilslama - that is a serious injury man- I hope you will recover speedily the full use of your thumb especially in your profession.

(2) Welcome back to the world of blogging as we do miss your funny stories

(3) Eid Mabrouk to you and your loved ones (even if late)

(4) BRAVO for this part : I can never think of leaving Libya forever, there are things here you wouldn't find anywhere else like not getting a speed ticket no matter how fast you drive :P and a very long list of things you find here that makes us live outside this world now I like you even more if that is possible - Libya is my love !

(5) Us men get fooled easily by women thats why women shouldn't be allowed to work in places where men shop. Some people take advantage of our weakness and put a girl to answer the phone for customer service. Because if the caller was a guy and a nice friendly women voice is on the other line, that voice would make him forget why he called in the first place and if it was a women they would end up talking for hours on the phone about something else. With women you can never win, its either you back out or loose :P I'm sure not ALL men right ? otherwise it would be a disaster !

Highlander said...

...and (6) Mabrouk the laptop I still have not found mine :P

dusk till dawn said...

salam Libyano
so sorry to see u suffering that bad ,hope it will all goes well and ur movments will come back.
doctors do not climb laddars, only cliffs to commit a suicidal. ha ha
mabrook ur new laptop.
i think u got some thing a gainst womens , or u just can not resist their charm .....
ur rite abt us libyan we have got a lot of our on ways ,other peopoles just envied us .

globetrottingrien said...

Hope your condition is improving.

Am not a Libyan, but I've lived there for 3 1/2 years, the situation there is obviously different from anywhere else. I remember in 86 after the American bombing, car lights were painted so that it won't be visible from air I presume. There's just so many great memories of my short stay there. Hope to visit / travel to Libya in the near future.

Libyano said...

Highlander

1- thank u for your concern
2- Eid mubarak to you too (even if it's Too Late)
3- I love Libya Too :)
4- Not all men but the majority are slaves for women, go to a salit afra7 at 12:30 at night and see the men lining waiting for their women to come out thats slavery :P
5- good luck in finding your dream laptop :)

Dusk till dawn
Id I want to commit suicide I want it to be drowning cos I always wondered how it feels like to drown:P
are you trying to get us killed here , women are great women are good ok ( don't say anything except that )
-people don't envy us but they feel sorry for us Libyans cos they don't know what they are missing if they knew the Libyan passport will be greater than the American green card and in this way all the 3awanis in Libya will get married :D


Globetrottingrien

I am so happy to see someone who lived in Libya and have good memories , I hope you come for a visit soon :)

LoveLyH said...

عيدك مبروك
اللطف يالبيانو
المهم ألف سلامه عليك
وربي يوفقك وتولي دكتور من غير ماتقص صوابعك

حقا ليك وحشه

Anonymous said...

الف سلامة عليك